Mrs. Clarke's Fourth Grade Class
All About Mrs. Clarke
My name is Mrs. Clarke. I have taught fourth grade since 2017 and I have been a teacher at Anna L Klein since 2014. I received my bachelor's degree in psychology from the University of New Haven in Connecticut and my teaching degree from Montclair State University in NJ. Some of my favorite things are reading, animals, and coffee :)
What You Can Expect in Fourth Grade:
- Reading this year will allow students to grow through the use of novels and informational texts.
- Writing will present independence through narrative, informational, and opinion writing.
- In math we will be learning all new concepts! The foundation of math this year is multiplication and division facts- practice, practice, practice!
- In social studies we will be learning all about New Jersey and it's founding members.
- Science will open the door to so many new and exciting things, including STEAM. Students will be given the opportunity to create and build through the use of various projects.
I anticipate this being a year full of excitement and many new opportunities for all of us.
Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns! I am here to help :)
Remind: If you don't already have Remind, you can text 81010 with the message @Clarke316
School phone number to leave a message for me: 201-861-3100
Nightly homework will consist of at least one math assignment, reading assignment, and spelling. Students will have weekly spelling tests and bi-weekly vocabulary tests. Reading and math tests will be given at the conclusion of a chapter/skill.
Spelling homework will be as follows:
Monday: ABC Order
Tuesday: Sentences for words 1-10
Wednesday: Sentences for words 11-20
Thursday: 3x Each
Friday: Spelling Test
www.reflex.com (Practicing multiplication/division facts)
www.brainpop.org (Students have an account through my class. Many educational videos/lessons)
Youtube.com- Search: Math Antics (Teaches all 4th grade math skills)